The Florence Belsky Charitable Foundation, Inc. has formed a Real Estate (“REIC” or the “Club”) to bring real estate entrepreneurs with projects together with people who have management and/or investment expertise and interest.
In keeping with the ideals of the Foundation, AIC’s intent is to encourage the cross–‐generational flow of expertise and knowledge.
REIC will host quarterly meetings at which entrepreneurs may pitch their projects to the Club. The pitch will be preceded and followed by a networking session (with food and libations). Interested Club Members and entrepreneurs may follow up with questions, management suggestions, investment advice or any other conversation of interest.
Any Advisor may bring a project to the attention of the REIC Board who will designate a contact to arrange for an appropriate presentation before the next Club meeting.
REIC will seek sponsors or will charge a small fee in connection with each quarterly meeting.
Membership is open to Belsky Foundation Advisors and their invitees.
Rules of the Club:
- at least 3 but no more than 6 “Board Members” – selected by Executive Director and on rotating terms of one year each (can be re-appointed); ED is a Member; Majority vote with ED having veto power
- no endorsements of specific deals, only provide a learning and Q&A platform
- monthly conference calls (set by Board)
- quarterly meetings (set by Board)
- meetings limited to 30 people
- sponsors must be approved by the Board and can only speak for 15 minutes per event (max)
- all public postings must be approved by the Board
Legal disclaimer: The Foundation does not endorse any specific deal or venture and all Advisors agree to hold The Foundation and its officers, directors and employees harmless from any claims arising in connection with the Club.